|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||12,903,140|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||6,147,732|
The Effect of Cognitive-behavioral Counseling on the Resilience of Female Adolescents with Premenstrual Syndrome: A Randomized Controlled Trial
|International Journal of Community Based Nursing & Midwifery|
|مقاله 2، دوره 11، شماره 4 - شماره پیاپی 44، دی 2023، صفحه 237-246 اصل مقاله (493.07 K)|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.30476/ijcbnm.2023.99040.2276|
|Batoul Khodakarami1، 2؛ Narges Babakhani* 1، 2؛ Seyedeh Zahra Masoumi1، 2؛ Hossein Mohagheghi3؛ Maryam Farhadian4|
|1Department of Midwifery, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan, Iran;|
|2Mother and Child Care Research Center, Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan, Iran;|
|3Department of Psychology, School of Economic and Social Sciences, BU-Ali Sina University, Hamadan, Iran;|
|4Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan, Iran|
|Background: Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is one of the causes of poor performance in women, with direct and indirect adverse effects on their marital, family, and social life. This study aimed to examine the effect of cognitive-behavioral counseling on resilience in adolescent girls with PMS.|
Methods: This randomized clinical trial was conducted from February to May 2018 on 15-17-year-old girl adolescents in Hamadan high schools. Using the block randomization method and the block size of 10, we randomly assigned 120 participants with moderate to severe PMS into intervention (N=60) and control groups (N=60). Participants in the intervention group received eight 60-minute cognitive-behavioral counseling sessions for 8 weeks, and the control group received no intervention. Data were gathered using demographic questionnaire, Premenstrual Symptoms Screening Tool, and the Connor-Davidson resilience scale. Statistical analysis was performed using SPSS version 16. The Chi-square, independent-samples t-test, and paired t-tests were used to analyze the data. P values <0.05 were considered significant.
Results: The mean total resilience score and all its dimensions increased in the intervention group 3 months after the intervention (P<0.05). Mean scores of total resilience and all subscales except spiritual influences showed statistically significant differences between the intervention and control groups 3 months after the intervention (P<0.05).
Conclusion: Cognitive-behavioral counseling can improve resilience in female adolescents with moderate to severe PMS. It is recommended that school counselors can use cognitive-behavioral counseling to improve the resilience of girls with moderate to severe PMS.
Trial Registration Number: IRCT2015052615341N6.
تازه های تحقیق
|Counseling؛ Premenstrual Syndrome؛ Psychological resilience|
سایر فایل های مرتبط با مقاله
1. Dray J, Bowman J, Campbell E, et al. Effectiveness of a pragmatic school-based universal intervention targeting student resilience protective factors in reducing mental health problems in adolescents. Journal of Adolescence. 2017;57:74-89.
2. Romeo RD. The impact of stress on the structure of the adolescent brain: Implications for adolescent mental health. Brain Research. 2017;1654:185-91.
3. Itriyeva K. Premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphoric disorder in adolescents. Current Problems in Pediatric and Adolescent Health Care. 2022;52:101187.
4. Thakrar P, Bhukar K, Oswal R. Premenstrual dysphoric disorder: Prevalence, quality of life and disability due to illness among medical and paramedical students. Journal of Affective Disorders Reports. 2021;4:100112.
5. Ranjbaran M, Samani RO, Almasi-Hashiani A, et al. Prevalence of premenstrual syndrome in Iran: A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Reproductive Biomedicine. 2017;15:679-86.
6. Babapour F, Elyasi F, Yazdani‐charati J, Shahhosseini Z. A comparison between the effects of school‐based education programs provided by peer group versus health practitioners on premenstrual syndrome in adolescents: A protocol for a non‐masked clinical trial. Nursing Open. 2021;8:2901-8.
7. Greup SR, Kaal SEJ, Jansen R, et al. Post-Traumatic Growth and Resilience in Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer Patients: An Overview. Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology. 2018;7:1-14.
8. Chung J, Lam K, Ho K, et al. Relationships among resilience, self-esteem, and depressive symptoms in Chinese adolescents. Journal of Health Psychology. 2020;25:2396-405.
9. Tang ACY, Lee RLT. Effects of a group mindfulness-based cognitive programme on smartphone addictive symptoms and resilience among adolescents: study protocol of a cluster-randomized controlled trial. BMC Nursing. 2021;20:86.
10. Anderson K, Priebe S. Concepts of resilience in adolescent mental health research. Journal of Adolescent Health. 2021;69:689-95.
11. Shateri K, Hayat AA, Jayervand H. The relationship between mental health and spiritual intelligence among primary school teachers. International Journal of School Health. 2019;6:1-6.
12. Victor FF, Souza AI, Barreiros CDT, et al. Quality of life among university students with premenstrual syndrome. Revista Brasileira de Ginecologia e Obstetrícia. 2019;41:312-7.
13. Le J, Thomas N, Gurvich C. Cognition, the menstrual cycle, and premenstrual disorders: A review. Brain Sciences. 2020;10:198.
14. Heydari N, Abootalebi M, Jamalimoghadam N, et al. Evaluation of aromatherapy with essential oils of Rosa damascena for the management of premenstrual syndrome. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics. 2018;142:156-61.
15. Maddineshat M, Keyvanloo S, Lashkardoost H, et al. Effectiveness of Group Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy on Symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS). Iranian Journal of Psychiatry. 2016;11:30-6.
16. Borji-Navan S, Mohammad-Alizadeh-Charandabi S, Esmaeilpour K, et al. Internet-based cognitive-behavioral therapy for premenstrual syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Women’s Health. 2022;22:5.
17. Anjomshoaa H, Snagui Moharer R, Shirazi M. Comparing the Effectiveness of Training Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Neuro-linguistic Programming Strategies on Enhancing Resilience of High School Students in Kerman, Iran. International Journal of Pediatrics. 2020;8:11877-89.
18. Toosang MA, Pasha R, Safarzadeh S. The Effect of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Training on Resilience and Psychological Hardiness in Students during COVID-19 Pandemic Situation. International Journal of School Health. 2021;8:247-56.
19. Hashemi Y, Talepasand S, Alavi K. Psychometric Properties of Premenstrual Symptoms Screening Tool among Female Students of Semnan University. Hayat. 2014;20:82-96. [In Persian]
20. Ashtari N, Pourebrahim T, Koolaee AK, et al. The efficacy of group awareness training of premenstrual syndrome on psychological resilience and quality of life in female high school students. Avicenna Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Care. 2015;23:63-73. [In Persian]
21. Shahabi A, Ehteshamzadeh P, Asgari P, Makvandi B. Comparison of the effectiveness of acceptance and commitment therapy and guided imagery on the resilience of cardiac disease patients referring to the heart rehabilitation department. Internal Medicine Today. 2020;26:276-97.
22. Khazemzadeh M, Mootabi F, Mohammadkhani Sh, Fata L. Teaching life skills (instructor’s manual). Tehran: Miankoshk Publications; 2015. [In Persian]
23. Steiner M, Macdougall M, Brown E. The premenstrual symptoms screening tool (PSST) for clinicians. Archives of Women’s Mental Health. 2003;6:203-9.
24. Bentz D, Steiner M, Meinlschmidt G. SIPS--screening instrument for premenstrual symptoms. The German version of Premenstrual Symptoms Screening Tool to assess clinically relevant disturbances. Der Nervenarzt. 2012;83:33-9. [In German]
25. Hariri FZ, Moghaddam-Banaem L, Siah Bazi S, et al. The Iranian version of the Premenstrual Symptoms Screening Tool (PSST): a validation study. Archives of Women’s Mental Health. 2013;16:531-7.
26. Connor KM, Davidson JR. Development of a new resilience scale: The Connor‐Davidson resilience scale (CD‐RISC). Depression and Anxiety. 2003;18:76-82.
27. Ahangarzadeh Rezaei S, Rasoli M. Psychometric properties of the persian version of “Conner-davidson resilience scale “ in adolescents with cancer. The Journal of Urmia Nursing and Midwifery Faculty. 2015;13:739-47. [In Persian]
28. Hutnik N, Smith P, Koch T. Using cognitive behaviour therapy to explore resilience in the life-stories of 16 UK centenarians. Nursing Open. 2016;3:110-8.
29. Yasmin K, Yaqoob A, Sarwer H. Effect of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Based Intervention on Resilience and Burnout among Staff Nurses Working in Critical Care Departments. Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences. 2022;16:295-8.
30. Şahin H, Türk F. The impact of cognitive-behavioral group psycho-education program on psychological resilience, irrational beliefs, and well-being. Journal of Rational-Emotive & Cognitive-Behavior Therapy. 2021;39:672-94.
31. Wesner AC, Behenck A, Finkler D, et al. Resilience and coping strategies in cognitive behavioral group therapy for patients with panic disorder. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. 2019;33:428-33.
32. Mösler T, Poppek S, Leonhard C, Collet W. Reflective Skills, Empathy, Wellbeing, and Resilience in Cognitive-Behavior Therapy Trainees Participating in Mindfulness-Based Self-Practice/Self-Reflection. Psychological Reports. 2022. [Online]
33. Masoumi SZ, Shayan A, Shobeiri F, et al. The effect of Training Premenstrual Coping Skills in Undergraduate Students in the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Hamadan-Iran. Preventive Care in Nursing & Midwifery Journal. 2017;7:44-51.
34. Sampogna G, Del Vecchio V, Giallonardo V, et al. What is the role of resilience and coping strategies on the mental health of the general population during the COVID-19 pandemic? Results from the Italian multicentric COMET study. Brain Sciences. 2021;11:1231.
35. Ma L, Zhang Y, Huang C, Cui Z. Resilience-oriented cognitive behavioral interventions for depressive symptoms in children and adolescents: A meta-analytic review. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2020;270:150-64.
36. Shurchi Galangaradi F, Hoseyn Sabet F, Mohajer Y. Effectiveness of Emotional Intelligence Training by Assimilation and Accommodation Method on Resiliency and Aggression. Counseling Culture and Psychotherapy. 2013;4:137-62. [In Persian]
37. Kancheva Landolt N, Ivanov K. Cognitive behavioral therapy-a primary mode for premenstrual syndrome management: systematic literature review. Psychology, Health & Medicine. 2021;26:1282-93.
38. Cheng P, Kalmbach DA, Hsieh HF, et al. Improved resilience following digital cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia protects against insomnia and depression one year later. Psychological Medicine. 2022;53:1-11.
39. Cheng P, Casement MD, Kalmbach DA, et al. Digital cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia promotes later health resilience during the coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) pandemic. Sleep. 2021;44:zsaa258.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 2,352
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 310