|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||10,702,760|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||5,167,627|
Designing a Multi-criteria Decision-making Framework for Selecting Wards and Units in Public Hospitals: A Case of Shiraz Zeinabieh Hospitals
|Health Management & Information Science|
|مقاله 2، دوره 8، شماره 3، مهر 2021، صفحه 159-167 اصل مقاله (402.85 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Original Article|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.30476/jhmi.2022.91372.1085|
|Mansooreh Rowshan 1؛ Payam Shojaei 2؛ Kazem Askarifar 3؛ Jamshid Bahmei 4|
|1M.S in Operations Management, Department of Management, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran|
|2Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Management, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran|
|3Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran|
|4Ph.D. Candidate of Health Services Management, Student Research Committee, School of Management & Information Sciences, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Background and aims: Outsourcing in healthcare services is becoming a significant and popular strategy. Paying more attention to the essential activities and poor performance of internal departments is one of the most important reasons, causing the organizations to outsource their activities. This study seeks to propose an effective outsourcing model using fuzzy MCDM methods in Zeinabieh Hospital, Shiraz, Iran.|
Methods: In this research, the mixed methodology was used. In the first stage, all of the criteria affecting the outsourcing of the wards and units in the hospital were identified though a literature review and with reference to the opinions of the experts in the hospital. In the second stage, these criteria were finalized using content validity ratio (CVR) and the fuzzy best-worst method (BWM). Finally, the selected wards and units were identified and prioritized through fuzzy VIKOR method.
Results: The results showed that seven criteria constituted the final model of outsourcing in Zeinabieh Hospital wards/units: strategy, management, economic aspects, quality, security and protection of information of patients and related centers, service, and agility. The fuzzy BWM analysis showed that the “economic aspects” had the highest priority in outsourcing-related decision-making, and according to the fuzzy VIKOR analysis, among all the wards and units, the clinic showed the highest priority.
Conclusions: Making decisions about outsourcing in hospital services is a complex and multi-criteria problem. Therefore, different factors must be considered in the process of outsourcing hospital wards and units. This study proposed a model that could efficiently and effectively facilitate the process of outsourcing of hospital wards and units.
|Outsourcing؛ Fuzzy Best-worst method؛ Fuzzy VIKOR؛ Content validity؛ Public hospitals|
1. Kavosi Z, Rahimi H, Khanian S, Farhadi P, Kharazmi E. Factors influencing decision making for healthcare services outsourcing: A review and Delphi study. Med J Islam Repub Iran. 2018;32:56. doi: 10.14196/mjiri.32.56.
2. Levery M. Insourcing maintenance: from railtrack to network rail. Engineering Management Journal. 2004;14(3):38-41. doi: 10.1049/em:20040308.
3. Tynkkynen LK, Lehto J, Miettinen S. Framing the decision to contract out elderly care and primary health care services perspectives of local level politicians and civil servants in Finland. BMC Health Serv Res. 2012;12:201. doi: 10.1186/1472-696312-201.
4. Vining AR, Globerman S. Contracting-out health care services: a conceptual framework. Health policy. 1999;46(2):77-96. doi: 10.1016/s0168-8510(98)00056-6.
5. Hayati R, Setoodehzadeh F, Heydarvand S, Khammarnia M, Ravangard R, Sadegh A, et al. The decision-making matrix of propensity to outsourcing hospital services in Bandar Abbas, Iran. Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association. 2015;65(12):128894.
6. Young S. Outsourcing in the Australian health sector: the interplay of economics and politics. International Journal of Public Sector Management. 2005;18(1):25-36. doi: 10.1108/09513550510576134.
7. Hsiao CT, Pai JY, Chiu H. The study on the outsourcing of Taiwan’s hospitals: a questionnaire survey research. BMC Health Serv Res. 2009;9:78. doi: 10.1186/1472-6963-9-78.
8. Mousazadeh Y, JABARI BH, Janati A, ASGHARI JM. Identifying and prioritizing hospital’s units for outsourcing based on related indicators: a qualitative study. Journal of Health And Hygiene. 2013;4:122-33.
9. Khalilifar O, Nejati Zarnaghi B, Bakhtiari Aliabad M, Valadkhani A. Survey role of outsourcing in nutrition unit: Comparison of selected hospitals with military selected hospitals in Tehran. Hospital. 2015;13(4):105-13.
10. Ahmadizadeh E, Tajvar M, Ahmadi B. Reviewing the Status and Experience of Outsourcing Policy in Healthcare: A review study. Quarterly Journal of Management Strategies in Health System. 2019;4(4):350-9. doi: 10.18502/mshsj.v4i4.2489.
11. Nazari M, Riahi L, Tabibi SJ, Mahmoudi Majdabadi Farahani M. Design of the Pattern of Effective Environmental Factors For Outsourcing the Services in Public Hospitals. Alborz University Medical Journal. 2018;7(4):333-44. doi: 10.29252/aums.7.4.333.
12. Joudaki H, Heidari M, Geraili B. Outsourcing of hospitals services: lessons learned from the experience. Journal of health based research. 2015;1(1):13-23.
13. Parsamoein S, Nasiripoor AA. The effect of outsourcing on the satisfaction and observance of patients’ rights referring to radiology departments of selected hospitals in Tehran. Journal of Health Management (former health system). 2015;6(1):51-8.
14. Schniederjans MJ. Focused issue on operations research and outsourcing. Computers & Operations Research. 2007;34(12):3515. doi: 10.1016/j.cor.2006.01.001.
15. Hassanain MA, Assaf S, Al-Hammad A-M, Al-Nehmi A. A multi-criteria decision making model for outsourcing maintenance services. Facilities. 2015;33(3/4):229-44. doi: 10.1108/F-01-2013-0003.
16. Pourmohammadi K, Shojaei P, Rahimi H, Bastani P. Evaluating the health system financing of the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR) countries using Grey Relation Analysis and Shannon Entropy. Cost Eff Resour Alloc. 2018;16:31. doi: 10.1186/s12962-018-0151-6.
17. Rezaei J. Best-worst multi-criteria decisionmaking method. Omega. 2015;53:49-57. doi: 10.1016/j.omega.2014.11.009.
18. Shemshadi A, Shirazi H, Toreihi M, Tarokh MJ. A fuzzy VIKOR method for supplier selection based on entropy measure for objective weighting. Expert Systems with Applications. 2011;38(10):12160-7. doi:10.1016/j.eswa.2011.03.027.
19. Ayre C, Scally AJ. Critical values for Lawshe’s content validity ratio: revisiting the original methods of calculation. Measurement and evaluation in counseling and development. 2014;47(1):79-86. doi: 10.1177/0748175613513808.
20. Guo S, Zhao H. Fuzzy best-worst multi-criteria decision-making method and its applications. Knowledge-Based Systems. 2017;121:23-31. doi: 10.1016/j.knosys.2017.01.010.
21. Ebrahimnejad S, Mousavi S, Tavakkoli-Moghaddam R, Heydar M. Evaluating high risks in large-scale projects using an extended VIKOR method under a fuzzy environment. International journal of industrial engineering computations. 2012;3(3):46376. doi: 10.5267/j.ijiec.2011.12.001.
22. Salla N, Juga J, Oikarinen E, Liisa F. Outsourcing decision-making in mining industry. unpublished master thesis, Oulu Business School, Oulu University. 2013.
23. Harland C, Knight L, Lamming R, Walker H. Outsourcing: assessing the risks and benefits for organisations, sectors and nations. International Journal of Operations & Production Management. 2005;25(9):831-850. doi: 10.1108/01443570510613929.
24. Kremic T, Tukel OI, Rom WO. Outsourcing decision support: a survey of benefits, risks, and decision factors. Supply Chain Management: an International Journal. 2006;11(6):467-82. doi:10.1108/13598540610703864.
25. Ferdosi M, Farahabadi E, Mofid M, Rejalian F, Haghighat M, Naghdi P. Evaluation of outsourcing in nursing services: a case study of kashani hospital, isfahan in 2011. Mater Sociomed. 2013;25(1):37-9. doi: 10.5455/msm.2013.25.37-39.
26. Djavanshir GR. Surveying the risks and benefits of IT outsourcing. IT professional. 2005;7(6):32-7. doi: 10.1109/MITP.2005.153.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 457
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 419