- Burchell AN, Winer RL, de Sanjose S, Franco EL. Chapter 6: Epidemiology and transmission dynamics of genital HPV infection. Vaccine 2006 Aug 31;24 Suppl 3:S3/52-61.
- Forman D, de Martel C, Lacey CJ, Soerjomataram I, Lortet-Tieulent J, Bruni L, et al. Global burden of human papillomavirus and related diseases. Vaccine. 2012;30 Suppl 5:F12-23.
- Bell RJ, Fradkin P, Parathithasan N, Robinson PJ, Schwarz M, Davis SR. Pregnancy-associated breast cancer and pregnancy following treatment for breast cancer, in a cohort of women from Victoria, Australia, with a first diagnosis of invasive breast cancer. Breast. 2013;22(5):980-5.
- Correa Mda S, Silveira DS, Siqueira FV, Facchini LA, Piccini RX, Thume E, et al. [Pap test coverage and adequacy in the South and Northeast of Brazil]. Cad Saude Publica. 2012;28(12):2257-66.
- Geldenhuys L, Murray ML. Sensitivity and specificity of the Pap smear for glandular lesions of the cervix and endometrium. Acta Cytol 2007;
- Chen YC, Liu HY, Li CY, Lee NY, Ko WC, Chou CY, et al. Low Papanicolaou smear screening rate of women with HIV infection: a nationwide population-based study in Taiwan, 2000-2010. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2013;22(12):1016-22.
- Bobdey S, Sathwara J, Jain A, Balasubramaniam G. Burdenof cervical cancer and role of screening in India. Indian journal of medical and paediatric oncology : official journal of Indian Society of Medical & Paediatric Oncology. 2016;37(4):278-85.
- Manos MM, Kinney WK, Hurley LB, Sherman ME, Shieh-Ngai J, Kurman RJ, et al. Identifying women with cervical neoplasia: using human papillomavirus DNA testing for equivocal Papanicolaou results. Jama. 1999;281(17):1605-10.
- Cuzick J, Sasieni P, Davies P, Adams J, Normand C, Frater A, et al. A systematic review ofthe role of human papillomavirus testing within a cervical screening programme. Health Technol Assess. 1999;3(14):i-iv, 1-196.
- Saslow D, Solomon D, Lawson HW, Killackey M, Kulasingam SL, Cain J, et al. American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and American
Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer. CA Cancer J Clin. 2012;62(3):147-72.
- Liang H, Griffith CC, Ma L, Ling B, Feng D, Li Z, et al. The sensitivity of Pap cytology and HPV testing to detect incident cervical cancer: prior testing results in 178 patients with invasive cervical cancer at a large general hospital in China. Journal of the American Society of Cytopathology. 2016;5(2):64-70.
- Adamopoulou M, Kalkani E, Charvalos E, Avgoustidis D, Haidopoulos D, Yapijakis C. Comparison of cytology, colposcopy, HPV typing and biomarker analysis in cervical neoplasia. Anticancer Res. 2009;29(8):3401-9.
- Monsonego J, Pinto J, Semaille C, Beumont M, Dachez R, Zerat L, Bianchi A and Franco E. Human papillomavirus testing improves the accuracy of colposcopy in detection of cervical intrapithelial neoplasia. Int J Gynecol Cancer 16: 591-598, 2006.
- Miller AB, Sankaranarayanan R, Bosch FX, Sepulveda C. Can screening for cervical cancer be improved, especially in developing countries? Int J Cancer. 2003;107(3):337-40.
- Kitchener HC, Almonte M, Thomson C, Wheeler P, Sargent A, Stoykova B,
et al. HPV testing in combination with liquid-based cytology in primary cervical screening (ARTISTIC): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol. 2009;10(7):672-82.
- Arbyn M, Sasieni P, Meijer CJ, Clavel C, Koliopoulos G, Dillner J. Chapter 9: Clinical applications of HPV testing: a summary of meta-analyses. Vaccine. 2006;24 Suppl 3:S3/78-89.
- Jastania R, Geddie WR, Chapman W, Boerner S. Characteristics of apparently false-negative digene hybrid capture 2 high-risk HPV DNA testing. Am J Clin Pathol. 2006;125(2):223-8.
- Pirog EC, Lloveras B, Molijn A, Tous S, Guimera N, Alejo M, et al. HPV prevalence and genotypes in different histological subtypes of cervical adenocarcinoma, a worldwide analysis of 760 cases. Mod Pathol. 2014;27(12):1559-67.
- de Sanjose S, Quint WG, Alemany L, Geraets DT, Klaustermeier JE, Lloveras B, et al. Human papillomavirus genotype attribution in invasive cervical cancer: a retrospective cross-sectional worldwide study. Lancet Oncol. 2010;11(11):1048-56.
- Bigras G, de Marval F. The probability for a Pap test to be abnormal is directly proportional to HPV viral load: results from a Swiss study comparing HPV
testing and liquid-based cytology to detect cervical cancer precursors in 13,842 women. Br J Cancer. 2005;93(5):575-81.
- Renshaw AA, Elsheikh TM. Predicting screening sensitivity from workload in gynecologic cytology: a review. Diagn Cytopathol. 2011;39(11):832-6.
- Castle PE, Eaton B, Reid J, Getman D, Dockter J. Comparison of human papillomavirus detection by Aptima HPV and cobas HPV tests in a population ofwomen referred for colposcopy following detection of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance by Pap cytology. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 2015;53(4):1277-81.
- Szarewski A, Mesher D, Cadman L, Austin J, Ashdown-Barr L, Ho L, et al. Comparison of seven tests for high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in women with abnormal smears: the Predictors 2 study. Journal of clinical microbiology. 2012;50(6):1867-73.
- Ovestad IT, Vennestrom U, Andersen L, Gudlaugsson E, Munk AC, Malpica A, et al. Comparison of different commercial methods for HPV detection in follow-up cytology after ASCUS/LSIL, prediction of CIN2-3 in follow up biopsies and spontaneous regression of CIN2-3. Gynecol Oncol. 2011;123(2):278-83.
- Cuzick J, Cadman L, Mesher D, Austin J, Ashdown-Barr L, Ho L, et al. Comparing the performance of six human papillomavirus tests in a screening population. Br J Cancer. 2013;108(4):908-13.
- Dockter J, Schroder A, Hill C, Guzenski L, Monsonego J, Giachetti C. Clinical performance of the APTIMA HPV Assay for the detection of high-risk HPV and high-grade cervical lesions. J Clin Virol. 2009;45 Suppl 1:S55-61.
- Cox JT. The clinician's view: role of human papillomavirus testing in the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology Guidelines for the management of abnormal cervical cytology and cervical cancer precursors. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2003;127(8):950-8